FAAN workshop - Local Food Systems: practices and strategies
The workshop was designed to provide an opportunity for interested stakeholders to discuss practices and strategies of developing local food systems. The discussions were structured around the findings of the research project, ‘Facilitating Alternative Agro-Food Networks (FAAN)
Thank you to everyone who attended the workshop and helped to make it a great success. Below you can access the workshop report, photographs of the day and Powerpoint presentations .
- Workshop agenda
- Report of the workshop
- Photographs from the workshop
- Workshop background briefing: Local Food Systems: practices and strategies.
- The FAAN project: ‘Co-operative research’ on Alternative Agro-Food Networks Sandra Karner & Nicoleta Chioncel (IFZ, Graz) and Philippe Galiay (DG Research, European Commission)
- Resources of the mobilisation of Local Food Systems Balint Balazs (ESSRG, Budapest) and Catherine Darrot (Agrocampus, Rennes)
- Policy frameworks: facilitating or hindering? Les Levidow (Open University, UK)
- Different strategies of LFS framework requirements Sandra Karner (IFZ, Graz) & Sonja Petrovics (Via Campesina, Wien)
- Concluding remarks and feedback Thierry Gaudin (APPI) and Wynne Wright (Michigan State University)
If you have any feedback to send us, about the workshop, please send an email to FAAN@ifz.tugraz.at
One workshop participant Bernd Wulf has sent feedback he would like to share with everyone.